Thursday 31 January 2008

At Risk.

                          

Good Evening, have just finished ‘At Risk’ by Patricia Cornwell. This must be the smallest book she ever written it was a good enough story and the male lead was a great character I really liked him but the story was very thin and fizzled out before the end. I was a bit disappointed as the book had a good review. This is about the third book of Patricia’s I have been a bit disappointed with lately maybe its me getting a bit fussy in my old age but there you have it. I noticed on Fantastic Fiction . Com that book 2 of At Risk is due out this year. During this bad weather I am really enjoying reading a Linda La Plante book called ‘Red Dahlia. I noticed it in W. H. Smith yesterday it is being given away free in a one of the monthly glossy magazines sorry can’t remember which but I think it was a good deal as it is a great story I thought it was sod law after me buying it. Till next time keep reading.

                                                          Love Joan.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was disapointed in the books that Patricia wrote that werent one of her Kay Scarpetta series ,which were very good ,I do like Linda LaPlant so will look out for that one , I bought lots last week when Iwas out with the family ,I found B and D ,K and L  ,in the Sue Grafton series ,so my collection of the alphabet books are nearly complete ,I also bought some byTess Gerrittson,at Yasmins suggestion ,she likes the same books as us and hasnt yet read our Val yet  ! so doesnt she have a treat in store ? ....love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I think the problem for some authors is thay they get  locked into contracts to produce so many books in a given period - must be hard when the creative juices dry up..............

Anonymous said...

I reckon you are getting fussy with the amount of books you read ;-) LOL........Shame you were disappointed with the ending though.  A book may be good but it's gotta have a good ending otherwise it's just not worth it!!

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/Jmoqueen/MyLife

Anonymous said...

I've just finishe Patricia Cornwell's latest book ~ Book Of The Dead, it was good. I'm like Jan, I only like her Scarpetta novels! Jeannette xx