Friday 8 February 2008

Th Red Dahlia.

Good Afternoon, earlier this week I finished reading Lynda La Plante’s THE RED DAHLIA. I really enjoyed this book it moved along at a great pace never a wasted word. This is the middle one of three that she has written about Anna Travis. Anna is a great character I am sure you will like her she seems to get herself in a right trachle at times. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who likes a thriller.

I don’t know about you but when I finish a book and go to start a new one I feel a bit like a child in a sweetie shop choosing what to read next. Stuart always thinks it strange as I can finish one book and within minutes start the new one. So after all that what will I be reading next ………I have found a new author or rather Stuart has (he read the first chapter of one of this authors books in Waterstones on Monday) and thought it was very good. I had a look around the book shops and found both of his books. His name is Sam Bourne and the book I am reading is called The Righteous Men. I have read the first one hundred pages and it is a very unusual story. I was needing a bit of a change from the usual thriller so we shall see. That’s it for now hope you are enjoying whatever you are reading. Red Dahlia gets 8/10.

Love Joan.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL I tried to leave a comment on your last post but AOL wouldn't let me Grrrrr

I've not read any Linda La Plant for years, but I'll look out for this Trilogy
I've just finished Harlen Cobems latest "The Woods" fab
And have just today started the latest Mary Higginss Clark "I Heard That Song Before" I've read all of hers in order she's fantastic .
I'm the same as you soon as I finish one I start on another.

Happy reading

Yasmin
xx

Anonymous said...

I`m very much the same Joan, when I finish a really good book I love to browsw for ages until the right book comes along. Sometimes I feel as though the book has become like a friend to me and I miss it when its finished. The Red Dahlia sounds like a great read. :o)

Love Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

I finished the B  in the Sue Grafton series and as you know I bought the Red Dahlia in a magazine at your suggestion ,and am about 120 pages in ,am loveing it ,I saw the story of the Black Dahlia on CI  on TV ...so I am able to make the connection ,Will look out for the author you recomend ,after you have finished it and said what you think of it ,I too finish a book, then get sraight into the next ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Ooo I've seen books by him ~ can't wait to see your review about that ;-)  I have quite a few Lynda La Plante books to read, my mum enjoys her books :o)  Glad you enjoyed it xx

Jenny