Saturday 19 January 2008

A Torment of Others,by Val McDermid

Wow, what a book, this Val McDermid has it all. It's a brilliant thriller, well written and researched, it is a great read. It is not for the squeamish, it’s a bit gory at times but it is necessary to the story.

This is the first Tony Hill book (Wire in the Blood) I have read unfortunately it is not the first it’s the fourth in the series I do wish I would read books in order but this one came to hand first.

Watching the TV series I always thought that Robson Green did not ring true as a character but having read The Torment of Others he is perfect with the exception of the carrier bag it should be a battered briefcase even the eyes are the right colour. I have another Tony Hill ready to read but am going to draw breath before starting another McDermid tale.

I am going to read a Patricia Cornwell (At Risk) I have sitting so I think I will start that today its quite a small book with big print so I should whiz through it in no time at all.

Its certainly reading weather just now with all the rain snow and cold glad I have plenty in my bookcase. What are you all reading just now? Till next time.

Love

Joan.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like Wire in the Blood so I think I`d like the books Joan, like I mentioned before I`ve not read any crime before but it`s about time I started. Better finish the book I`m reading first though.

Love Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

Thanks for ha as I'm going o buy the books so now I know which order, and yes its perfect weather for reading.

Take care

Yasmin

Anonymous said...

Do you know Joan ..I dont know if I have read this one ,I have just been and read the blurb and it doesnt sound familiar,so when I have finished  reading Kathy Reichs,'Cross Bones'(at Yasmins recommedation) ,I will check it out and will either be delighted to have a great read ahead ,or bitterly disapointed to find Ive already read it ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Glad you enjoyed the book Joan :o)  I'm currently reading a book I've had for ages called Emporer The Gates of Rome by Conn Iggulden.  I got it coz the blurb said that if you liked the film gladiator you'd like this and I love that film.  I'm enjoying it so far

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/Jmoqueen/MyLife