Saturday 12 April 2008

The Mermaids Singing.

                                    

Good Afternoon, I always seem to update this journal on a Saturday afternoon maybe because Stu usually watches the sport and I am at a loose end for a couple of hours. This weeks book was ‘The Mermaids Singing’ by my favourite author (Thanks to Jan for pointing me in this direction) Val McDermid. This book is the first of the Tony Hill stories which lead to the TV series ‘Wire in the Blood’ which is very successful and I enjoy it too. This book told a very gruesome story and had me cringing at times it was so graphic. With this being the first book of the series it tell you a lot about Tony Hill that you do not get from the TV programs and for that alone is well worth reading. I found it difficult to put down and read it in just a few days which is the best way to read something like this. I would recommend this book to all thriller lovers but you do need a bit of a strong stomach for it. This deserves a 9/10

 Till next time  Love Joan.   Happy reading.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still haven't checked out Val Mcdermid, but will do eventually I have a large stack of books to go through, but reading Kathy Reichs at present, I have her on my shelf.

Take care

Yasmin
xx

Anonymous said...

I thought you would enjoy that one ,Dear Val excells her self with this one doesnt she ?You must read The Wire in the blood ,that is great too I have just finished it Wow ! I am reading Union Jack at the minute that is Vals Lesbian heroin ,who was a journalist now living in America ,Lindsay Gordon ,have you met her ?not quite as good, but certainly readable. I do enjoy our Saurday book chat  ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I was just telling my mum yesterday that you keep recommending Val's books :o)  I think she ended up buying one so no doubt I shall borrow it off her at some point lol..............Glad you enjoyed it xx

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/Jmoqueen/MyLife