Thursday 20 March 2008

Broken. by Martina Cole.

                                        

Good Afternoon, have just finished Broken by Martina Cole to say you enjoyed such horrific story would not be right but I did find it unputdowndable if there is such a word. It is a big book and I read it in just under a week which is quick for me in the wintertime, sounds strange but I read more in the summer sitting in the garden. It is a very disturbing story but the characters are very strong, it is well written although the language is a bit colourful to say the least but it something you come expect from Miss Cole. In this book I did not find the language as gratuitous as in some of the other books of hers I have read. Made my usual mistake in reading the second book of a series first but I had read about 100 pages before I noticed I had the first one sitting on the shelf. The first one is called ‘The Ladykiller’. Am looking forward to reading that one but not just yet as I like to chop and change a bit. Will give this 8/10. Till next time Love,

                                                                                                           Joan.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read this about 5 years ago it's fantastic, Lady Killer is good also after this comes the Goodnight Lady which is my favourite,she's such a great story teller.
I've just got Barbara Bradford Taylor remember her? The Heirs of Ravenscar luckily I read inside and found that this is a Trilogy so I have to get the first one the Ravenscar Dynasty which is the first one.
Last week at Tesco's I bought a book called "Call The Midwife" a true account of a midwife Jennifer Worth during the 50's in the Easteend of London really good, and a quick read. Tesco's have quite a lot of offers 2 for £7.00.

Yasmin
xx

Anonymous said...

I like her books in spite of the language which I suppose is acceptable because it is how the character would speak ,I havent read this one so of course I  will be on the look out ...love Jan xx