Friday 19 October 2007

Crack Down. by Val McDermid

Good Morning, Just finished Crack Down last night. I really enjoyed this book by Val McDermid. She has only written six Kate Brannnigan novels this is the first one I have read but will be on the lookout for the rest. Her lady detective is a great character and reminded me of Kinsey Millhone the American private eye in the A-Z series by Sue Grafton they are both great with lots of wee funnies that I do enjoy in a book I like to laugh out loud when I am reading.
Do you think that the jackets of books can give too much of the story away. I think so and I usually only read the first couple of sentences as don't really want to know what is going to happen halfway through the book. What do you think dear reader?
I think it may be some time before I am updating this journal again as the book I have chosen next is over 1000 pages long and a big book too that's if I read it all, it is good so far will just have to wait till I get on a bit more with it. What is it, a bit of a break from my usual thrillers a bit of light hearted reading I'm told great for the beach well I don't have any sand here but the carpet will do. Will give Jilly Cooper's 'Wicked' a go. I will let you know one way or the other if I get to page 1006. I think this is the biggest book I have ever attempted to wish me luck. I'll be back.
Love
Joan.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I came through on your link frist Joan.My you are an avid reader arn't you?.I think I have said before I udes to read many moons agao,but I can always find other things which interest me more than reading.All to our own isn't it.I hope you enjoy th enew book Good Luck.Yes sometimes th ebook cover does give th estory away far too much I belive too.Have agreat reading day.Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES.

Anonymous said...

It is so funny Iwas going to say ,how Kinsey and Kate are alike ,I love them both ,and spend lots of time in their company ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I'm on the lookout for a new author,.so i'll give her a try.
Also i have just finished PJTraceys Snowblind a cracking read.

Take care
Yasmin

Anonymous said...

I'm on the lookout for a new author,.so i'll give her a try.
Also i have just finished PJTraceys Snowblind a cracking read.

Take care
Yasmin

Anonymous said...

Hi Joan...

Thanx for leaving the link to your book journal. I've never thought of starting a book journal before, i think i might do so myself its a great idea, i like a good book. I've always been into murder mysteries, but my aunt "D" gave me a load of hard back Readers Digest books when she was getting rid of a lot of her belongings, so i took most of the books, i found them to be an interesting read. I also like to read the stories in the W/weekly mags too...Best Wishes.

Astra!
http://journals.aol.com/astra1547/astras-new-journal/

ASTRA1547@sky.com