Saturday 18 August 2007

Blindsighted Karen Slaughter

I have been reading the first in the series of books about the inhabitants of Heartsdale. Karin Slaughter has now written five books in this series. I read 'Indelable' first which I said at the time was a mistake but now I have all the rest sitting, with the exception of the one she has just released as it is only out in hard back so I will wait till the paperback comes on sale I have enough anyway to keep me going. Back to Blindsighted this was a great thriller with great twists and turns, very scary in places but a great read. You really find you are getting to know the characters. One thing I do like is Miss Slaughter does not waste words she gets on with the story. Can recommend this book 100% but as its says don't read this alone don't read this afterdark but do read it.
You may have noticed in my other journal in the sidebar two book covers. I started reading James Pattersons London Bridges read 150 pages of rubbish and put it down. This book is one of the Alex Cross novels but this story did not suit the character in my opinion the story was good but I really think he neaded a new character to play the goody. If you have read this book let me know what you thought as I know a lot of you like and read James Patterson books maybe it was just me not in the mood for this book it does happen but I normally like his stuff as it is easy reading but the last two ro three I have read have not been up to par at all.
Thats it for now. Love
Joan.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes I have been disapointed with some of James Pattersons books not always consistant,is he ? ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I thought it was ok as I recall. I mean not great what is ever great from him?

Anonymous said...

I find that heppening alot these days.  I start a book and get only so far into it before I lose interest.  It seems to be happening more and more often with me, either the writing is getting poorer or I am losing interest in reading.  I do hope it's not the latter!
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the rubbish reading.  I hate it when that happens.