Saturday 11 August 2007

I'm going to give myself lines.

                                

I do not have a revue just yet as I have been a bit slow with my book this week as we seem to have been out and about a bit more. The above picture is the 'small ' pile of books that I have not read that are sitting at the side of my bed .I have also have book in the small bookcase still to be read. I just have to stop buying books this is getting out of hand but every time I see one that I fancy I just have to have it. I think I have about enough to see me through the winter. I think I am doing this because I cannot see anything in the clothes line that I like or if I do like it  does not fit everything is too tight just now so this is my way of spending pennies, fortunately they are not expensive or we would be bankrupt. So as the title says I am going to give myself lines
I must not buy any more book just now.
I must not buy any more book just now.
I must not buy any more book just now.
I must not buy any more book just now.
and so on................................Love Joan.

 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

and I thought I had a lot to read... my pile of read books would be higher though I think  some of mine were library books and I took a few back without reading b ecause I knew I couldn't finish all of them before the due date. i love reading and read more in summer time when the days are just too hot. I too love reading and I have one of yours books coming in the mail any day now.... think the S is for something or other.... you said they talk about food a lot and since Iam dieting too I thought that I could at least read about food.... haha
Sandra

Anonymous said...

I can see you have alot of Sue Graftons in your pile, lovely ,You could be spending your money on alot worse things than books ,never mind the lines ,just enjoy the lines in your books ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

With the nice weather Joan can understand you going out and not reading so much ~ Looks like you are well set up for future reads ~ I have three books sitting here by my side but have not had time to even start on one ~ there will be plenty of time when the nights get dark ~ I don't think you can have too many books so you keep buying them there are a lot worse things you could spend your money on ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

I must confess to having a small pile of books that are waiting to be read Joan. I also know that if I see another that I think I`ll like I will buy it. Now I look round discount bookshops as they often have some good titles. :o)

Love Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

Maybe we should start  book buyers annonymous??
I would be a star member..i am totally addicted....
LOL
Lyn

Anonymous said...

Haha, would that that worked!  I'd be writing, "I'm not going to buy another cookbook." all the time!  It is a happy obsession and I could spend my time and money on other more dangerous things, but I don't.  Besides Todd gets to enjoy all the side benefits of my obsession, ie the cooking, which he does gladly!
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

Anonymous said...

sadly I have far far more than to read as I buy them far faster than I can read them!

Anonymous said...

The enrichment of words that are in books are a delight to us all.  I do hope you find the time to catch up with your purcheses.

John.

Anonymous said...

The glasses in the picture adds a nice touch!  ;-)
-K