Friday 19 September 2008

A Place of Execution by Val McDermid

Hi, I am a bit behind with being on holiday so this is a double entry hope you don’t mind. The first book is A Place of Execution by my favourite Val McDermid. I have been hurrying this week to get it finished as it is on ITV in a new three part drama starting on Monday coming.

What a great book this is a very moving story and well worth a read or a watch (I hope) on Monday night. I won’t spoil it for you as it is a complicated story and I don’t want to spoil it for you. Am looking forward to seeing it next week and just hoping ITV have done the story proud. The book deserves 10/10.

The other book I have just finish was a Lynda La Plante story. ‘Cold Shoulder‘, is the first of three books all with ‘Cold’ in the title. They take place in the US about an ex policewoman in loads of trouble it was very readable and I have the other two ready to go when I am. Just in case you think I read all this on holiday I was nearly finished the La Plante when we went away and I started Val on Skye so I did not spend all my holiday reading. Score for Cold shoulder is 8/10.

Now I will be a while between entries this time as I have just started ‘The Quest’ by Wilbur Smith. This is the fourth book of his Egyptian series, I have read the other three so am looking forward to this one. You are a bit longer with these books as they are written in a completely different style from the norm and you have to take your time reading them but they are usually worth it in the end. Will write more about the series in my next entry. Till then. Love

Joan.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I saw it advertised on TV I thought of you and wondered if you knew the book.

Off to set it to record on your recommendation.

Anonymous said...

Like you I cant wait to see the dramatisation of 'A Place of Execution.it was a good story ,cant say it was my favourite of Vals cos I have enjoyed all of them  ,will look out for the Lynda La Plante one ,I am off to bed now ,with my current book,'The Sinner 'by Tess Gerritson ...love Jan x